Friday, June 3, 2016

My First Born Is 14!!

This poor kid...
I have been sick for the last few weeks.
I was hoping that I'd be over it by his birthday.
I wasn't.
SO, all of his birthday plans got ruined... because of me.
I did the best I could though.
And because I was sick, his birthday celebration has turned from a birthday day to a  birthday week.
We're not done celebrating yet,
but here are the pics we have thus far:

Waking up at 5am to open presents
A LEGO base plate from his brother

A Hexbug Nano from his sis

A Hexbug ornament from his brother.

A Hexbug board game from us. (His birthday was very Hexbuggy) ;)

Batteries for all those Hexbugs

Replacement motors for his quadcopter

Glow-in-the-dark Hexbug Set
He also got birthday money. $$

Breakfast Choice:
French Toast
Lunch Choice:
He was supposed to have a few friends over to swim and have a chess tournament.
Unfortunately, I had to cancel. :(
But the kids and I managed to eat all the food that we bought, which included:
Strawberries
Goldfish
Chips & Salsa
Soda
I mustered up the energy to sit on the deck and watch them swim.


And while the boys swam, their sister was inside the house planning a surprise chess-themed birthday party. She is amazing!!  She pulled this together in under an hour.
A game of "Pin the Queen to the King"


They youngest was the winner. :)

Party decorations

These two dominated in "Chess Piece Scavenger Hunt"

A game of "Name the Position" where you had to look at a chess board game and match the chess move to the game board. He nailed it! 

And there was also "Chess Bingo"
Then I fell asleep. :(
And they played on their devices.
For dinner he chose spaghetti with meatballs (no pic)
And at exactly 14 years to the minute from the time of his birth, I captured a picture of him.
I even took the time zone difference into account.  Here he is at exactly 14 years old.
He did not get any cake or ice cream on his birthday.
I had to wait until the next day to do it.
I mentioned in a facebook post that he is the most loving, kind, compassionate, forgiving kid I know.
And he is!!
I was about in tears telling him that I didn't have the energy to make the cupcakes and was too tired to dish out ice cream, and that I'd have to do it the next day if I felt better.
His response, "That's okay Mom.  I understand.  It's okay."
And it wasn't that kind of response where he was really ticked off about it, but just being nice.
It was genuine.
I LOVE this kid!!
He is such a gift from God!

Continuing on... The next day.
Birthday cupcake and ice cream time. He even got to share it with a friend who came over to play.
The "King" of cupcakes

He's supposed to be blowing out his candles, but he tricked me into taking the pic before he did it.  Silly guy.

Sharing cupcakes and ice cream with a neighborhood friend.
His day definitely did not turn out as he had planned.
But, he'll have the added bonus of getting a birthday make-up day.
So it's like celebrating twice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment